Rover's Response to Covid-19 Situation
As an Indian company, we’re closely monitoring the impact of COVID-19. In addition to the thousands who are affected by the illness, thousands more are indirectly dealing with changes in their work, school, and community environments. Here are some of the ways Rover is supporting customers, communities, and employees during this difficult time.
Serving our customers
We believe our role serving customers and the community during this time is a critical one, and we want to make sure people can get the items they need, when they need them. As COVID-19 has spread, we've recently seen an increase in people shopping online.
We have been sanitising each and every package with disinfectant to provide tithe optimum safety to our customers.
Caring for our employees
We continue to work closely with authorities in India and worldwide to ensure that we are taking the right precautions and have implemented a series of preventative health measures for employees.
In light of ongoing international COVID-19 developments, we now recommend that all global employees who work in a role that can be done from home, do so through the end of March. Every team is different and not all jobs are conducive to working from home. Employees and partners whose work requires their physical presence in their workplace, have access to all of their usual paid and unpaid time-off benefits. March 12, 2020
All employees diagnosed with COVID-19 or placed into quarantine will receive up to two weeks of pay. This additional pay while away from work is to ensure employees have the time they need to return to good health without the worry of lost income. This is in addition to unlimited unpaid time off for all hourly employees through the end of March.
We have cancelled large events, and changed the majority of our job interviews to virtual interviews rather than in-person interviews, which often require travel. At the same time, we increased our cleaning of all facilities globally, including regular sanitization of all door handles, stairway handrails, elevator buttons, lockers, and touch screens. February 28, 2020.
Safeguarding our Fulfillment Network & Delivery teams
We continue to work closely with public and private medical experts to ensure we are taking the right precautions for our associates, delivery and transportation partners at our sites.
· We have paused visitor entry into our fulfilment centers and have increased the frequency and intensity of cleaning at all operations sites across India.
· All our associates are required to stay home and seek medical attention if they are feeling unwell.
· We are continuing to raise awareness and educate our employees and associates to adhere to preventive hygiene practices.
· We have communicated that everyone must wash their hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing their nose, coughing, or sneezing.
· If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
· We will continue to work with trucking and delivery partners to ensure they are supporting their employees during this time.